Welcome to Tutorials by Vaybs
Here you find all my tag tutorials using Paint Shop Pro (I use PSPX) and Animation Shop 3.
They're all made with FTU elements ;) And if I'm doing my job right you might pick up a few new ideas and tricks on the way.
All links open in a new window;)
Layout tag is made with my Betsys Paradise Dream kit ;)
Have fun!!

10 May 2010

Safe City



Tutorial is made in PSP10 

Supplies

Download my template HERE

Licensed artist work is by Elias Chatzoudis

Font used is FestivalFlourish


Let's start


Open the safe city template.
Pick your tube of choice and place it in front of the tag. 

Add 3 parts of the same tube in the 3 frames. 

(If you don't know how to do it ; use the magic 
wand to select one of the frame backgrounds on BG3, add your tube of choice above and use
the move tool to move it to your liking, then rightclick and choose Promote Selection
to Layer, deselect. then you see you still have the whole tube to use to do the same 
in the next 2 frames)

Change color on BG3 to compliment your tubes if you like, I kept mine black ;)

Merge down together the 3 tube layers, duplicate, on the original add Effects - texture effects -
Blinds: Width 2, Opacity 15, Color: Black, Horizontal checked.
On the Duplicated one, change blend mode to hard light (Or play with it to your liking)

Go to BG1 select all, float, defloat. Use Gradient foreground/background
Linear Style, Repeats 1, pick black as foreground color and a color from your tube 
as background color. add a new raster layer and flood fill, deselect and close the original behind.
(I always add a new layer and keep the original in case of mishaps ;)

Add the same Gradient on BG2 and 3frames too

On the LIGHTS layer add noise ; uniform, 100, monochrome.

Duplicate BG2, on the top one sleect, float, defloat, and add Effects-Texture effects-
Mosaic-Antique at 100, 100, 50, 5, 5, deselect.

Give this Inner bevel to the 3frames layer:
Bevel 2, width 31, smoothness 16, depth 16, ambience -15, shininess 6, angle 315,
intencity 35, elevation 71.

Drop shadow used is 1,2,50,4, I used it on BG1, BG2, 3frames,
and the tube in front.

Add proper © and your name of choice, I gave it a tiny white glow, like the wordart ;)


Close the white background, crop - merged opaque and save as PNG


And you're done

Hope you've had fun.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this one, see if my mojo is working.
    Thanks for sharing. I like this tut and hope I can do it.

    ReplyDelete

Visits since Nov 24.2009

free counters